A few days ago we had the privilege to have a talk with “One Step Solutions” team leader – Ahmed Khalid
“One Step Solutions“ is a Lahore based start-up. It was established in 2007 to make software that could make an impact on people’s lives by Muhammad Ahmed Khalid (Co-Founder & CEO), Usman Riaz Ahmed Khawaja (Co-Founder & CTO) and Kamran Shahid Butt (Co-Founder & COO).
Now lets talk about the innovative XGear project developed by the team of these three game changers!
XGear – The game changer for automotive industry !
The story of XGear dates back to the undergrad days as for the final project of these three guys. They wanted to do something different when everybody else was planning on choosing a project easy enough to complete their degrees. Since Ahmed Khalid was passionate about cars and wanted a reason to be in a car with a purpose he convinced his group members to do something with a car that could involve computer. So after decision they worked day and night in the electronics labs to learn about micro controllers, analog to digital converters, serial ports and other stuff to be able to make a hardware device to communicate with the car. At the end they succeeded and developed their game changer.
XGear is a product for people who want complete control over their driving experience. It provides access to vital data of the cars using any internet enabled device from anywhere in the world to monitor, locate, diagnose and even control the car. XGear scrutinizes every driving move to optimize the driving needs based on individuals driving style to give personalized suggestions which eventually save money. XGear could open countless possibilities of what can be done with driving to eventually change the way people interact with cars.
XGear is programmed to scan vehicle to retrieve valuable information, including fault codes and prognostic data. It helps you in keeping your vehicle in top notch condition.
XGear’s accurate driver profiling algorithm use the actual data from engine sensors, the unique and highly advanced algorithms processes raw 3D data collected from the engine.
XGear manipulates engine data to tell about a drivers style and at what efficiency the car is being driven at and sends automatic notifications on pre-programmed events.
XGear is basically looking to change the way people live and commute. The idea is to enable a person to login to his car from anywhere in the world using any internet enabled device. XGear will enable his car to take decision on his behalf, based on the combination of vehicle logging, predictive modeling and cloud computing.
1. It will monitor and analyze driving behavior, and everything will be stored on the cloud for to monitor at any time, this is something bluetooth devices can never do.
2. XGear’s predictive modeling engine tells that what steps to take to save money and take informed decisions on planning maintenance before something breakdown, the apps available in market can not do that.
3. It gamifies the driving experience by introducing driver rating based on the driving patterns.
4. XGear tells how the car was driven on a specific day of any year, it can tell how rash the driving was.
5. One can create a geo-fence so that the car stay in a specified area.
6. With XGear one can create alerts on specific things such as if the car crosses 6000RPM or 100KM/h it sends an SMS or alerts on tablet or any internet enabled device.